At the Startup Center at JGU, people interested in founding a company receive initial information about starting a business, are advised on their individual questions, and are referred to external agencies if necessary.
We advise you on everything from the development of your business model to funding opportunities for founders and startups and assist you with funding applications (e.g. for the EXIST programs "Gründerstipendium" and "Forschungstransfer" as well as other funding programs). The advisory service is aimed at all JGU members (students, graduates, scientists) who are pursuing a knowledge- or technology-based start-up project. Prior to an initial consultation, we ask you to send us a completed questionnaire (german) about your project, which will serve as the basis for the interview.
- +++Entrepreneurship Workshop Program+++ from January - June 2024 for Master's students, PhDs and PostDocs from the fields of medicine, life sciences, biotechnology, bioinformatics and materials science who already have a concrete business idea or would like to deal with the topic of entrepreneurship more intensively.
(APPLICATION UNTIL 15.12.2023!!!)
View for all information here
For all our events (mostly held in german language) and information please consult
the German page of the Startup Center
Dates and Calls
- Subscribe to our newsletter at https://lists.uni-mainz.de/sympa/subscribe/startupcenter and stay up to date about our upcoming events and workshops on the topic of founding and self-employment, as well as interesting events from our network and current competitions and funding programs.
- Numerous online workshops and webinars: e.g. "From Phd to Innovator" or "Your research Canvas" for PhD students and postdcos of all disciplines and without prior knowledge! Workshop language is always English. Information about the current dates and registration
- JGU is a partner university of Makers of Tomorrow (MoT):
New courses for the winter semester 2023/24 online: In a total of 10 online modules, well-known founders will tell their stories, deal with one Lean Start-up topic each, and give participants practical tips and tasks. The courses are aimed at participants from all degree programs. More information. An access code is required. JGU participants will receive the code from the Startup Center. Simply send an email to email@example.com
- The Startup Center is a partner of the Rhine-Main Lecture Series: from the idea to the foundation.
The lecture series of the Gründungsfabrik Rheingau takes place every Wednesday from 04.30 p.m. Different experts deal online with versatile topics around founding.
Information and registration
- Co-working rooms for JGU start-up teams. If you are interested, please contact
|Ministerium für Wirtschaft, Verkehr, Landwirtschaft und Weinbau RLP (German)|
|Management consulting by students of Johannes Gutenberg University (German)|
|The Industrie- und Handelskammer Rheinhessen consults and supports on starting your own business|
|Crowdfunding by the startup centers of the universities of Rheinland-Pfalz and Saarland (German)|
|Provides free Workshops all around startups (German)|
Non-profit business development agency for Mainz (German)
|Gutenberg Digital Hub
Co-working space and events in Mainz (German)
Consulting before and during founding (German)