Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz with its more than 100 institutes and clinics, the Mainz School of Music and the Mainz Academy of Fine Arts can be said to be THE research hub in Rhineland-Palatinate. It has a nationally and internationally visible research profile, with particular strengths in the natural sciences and medicine. Disciplines in which especially outstanding results have been achieved include the particle and hadron physics with the PRISMA+ Cluster of Excellence (Precision Physics, Fundamental Interactions and Structure of Matter), the materials science, the translational medicine, and the top-level and high-potential research areas funded through the Research Initiative of the State of Rhineland-Palatinate.
To search a project
- GEPRIS – DFG funded projects
- Cordis – EU funded projects
- The science portal of Rhineland-Palatinate – Projects at universities in Rhineland-Palatinate
- Department of Medicine Research Database – Projects at the Mainz University Medical Center
- Förderkatalog des Bundes - Database with projects funded by the federal ministries (German)
- RMU - Projects at the Rhine-Main universities