Currently Johannes Gutenberg-University receives funding for projects in the following funding lines:
HORIZON 2020 Projects ...
Collaborative projects ...
Marie Sklodowska-Curie ...
ERC Grants ...
7th Framework Programme ...
Projects outside the Framework Programmes ...
The University Medical Center Mainz receives it's own funding for a variety of projects:
EPO: The University Medical Centers European Project Office (web page in German)
- Research Infrastructures: ENSAR 2, European Nuclear Science and Application Research (Prof. Klaus Wendt), JGU as project partner
- Societal Challenge 1: CLICK-IT, "In Vivo Click PET Imaging Agents”: Improving clinical companion diagnostics (Prof. Rudolf Zentel), JGU as project partner
- Societal Challenge 6: REMINDER, Role of European Mobility and its Impacts in Narratives, Debates and EU Reforms (Prof. Christian Schemer), JGU as project partner
- Research Infrastructures: ARIES, Accelerator Research and Innovation for European Science and Society (Jun. Prof. Florian Hug), JGU as project partner
- E-Infrastructure: OpenRiskNet, Open e-Infrastructure to Support Data Sharing, Knowledge (Prof. Stefan Kramer), JGU as project partner
- FET Open: ULTRACHIRAL, Ultrasensitive chiral detection by signal-reversing cavity polarimetry: applications to in-situ proteomics, single-molecule chirality, HPLC analysis, medical diagnostics, and atmospheric studies (Prof. Dmitry Budker), JGU as project partner
- ITN: MEDICIS-PROMED, MEDICIS-produced radioisotope beams for medicine (Prof. Dr. Klaus Wendt), JGU as project partner
- ITN: CREEP, Complex RhEologies in Earth dynamics and industrial Processes (Prof. Dr. Boris Kaus), JGU as project partner
- ITN: BigStorage, BigStorage: Storage-based Convergence between HPC and Cloud to handle Big Data (Prof. Dr. André Brinkmann), JGU as project partner
- RISE Action: BESIIICGEM, An innovative Cylindrical Gas Electron Multiplier Inner Tracker for the BESIII Spectrometer (Prof. Dr. Frank Maas), JGU as project partner
- Individual Fellowship: SWITHCATALYSIS, Switchable catalytic activity of spin crossover materials (Dr. Illia Guralskyi, AK Prof. Wolfgang Tremel), JGU as coordinator
- ITN: NANOTRANS, Transport of soft matter at the nanoscale (Prof. Friederike Schmid), JGU as project partner
- RISE action: PEARL, Periodically bent crystals for crystalline undulators (Dr. Werner Lauth), JGU as project partner
- RISE action: QUEST, QUantitative paleoEnvironments from SpeleoThems (Prof. Denis Scholz), JGU as project partner
- Individual Fellowship: CV SUBUNIQC, Sub-Universal Quantum Circuits in Continuous Variables (Dr. Giulia Ferrini, AK Prof. Peter van Loock), JGU as coordinator
- Individual Fellowship: Standard EF, The research of spin orbit torques in perpendicular magnetic anisotropy systems (Dr. Kyujoon Lee, AK Prof. Mathias Kläui), JGU as coordinator
- Individual Fellowship: HEMOTECT, Hemozoin Detection using Nitrogen-Vacancy centers in Diamond (Dr. Lykourgos Bougas, AK Prof. Dmitry Budker), JGU as coordinator
- ERC AdG: EFT4LHC, An Effective Field-Theory Assault on the Zeptometer Scale: Exploring the Origins of Flavour and Electroweak Symmetry Breaking (Prof. Matthias Neubert), JGU as coordinator
- ERC AdG: EXCATRO, In-situ experiments on the chemical composition of high altitude aerosols and clouds in the tropical upper troposphere and lower stratosphere (Prof. Stephan Borrmann), JGU as coordinator
- ERC AdG: Dark-OST, Experimental Searches for the Oscillating and Transient effects fom the Dark Sector (Prof. Dmitry Budker), JGU as coordinator
- ERC AdG (JGU als Partner): LiverFibrosisImaging, Quantitative Imaging of Liver Fibrosis and Fibrogenesis (Prof. Tobias Ross, Prof. Frank Rösch), JGU as coordinator
- ERC CoG: Vertebrate-Herbivory, Evolution of herbivory in vertebrates: developing combined isotope (Ca, Sr) and dental surface texture analysis as deep time diet proxies (Dr. Thomas Tütken), JGU as coordinator
- ERC StG: nuDirections, New Directions in Theoretical Neutrino Physics (Prof. Joachim Kopp), JGU as coordinator
- ERC SynG: SC2, Spin-charge conversion and spin caloritronics at hybrid organic-inorganic interfaces (Prof. Jairo Sinova), JGU as project partner
- ERC PoC: MultiRev, Multi-revolution non-volatile magnetic sensors (Prof. Mathias Kläui), JGU as coordinator
- ERC PoC: SALTED, Salt Tectonics and Dynamics (Prof. Boris Kaus), JGU as coordinator
ongoing FP7 Projects
- IMI Joint Initiative: OrBiTo, Oral Biopharmaceutical Tools (Prof. Peter Langguth), JGU als Partner
- Capacities Research Infrastructure: EuCARD-2, Enhanced European Coordination for Accelerator Research & Development (Prof. Kurt Aulenbacher), JGU as project partner
- Cooperation ICT: EQuaM, Emulators of Quantum Frustrated Magnetism (Prof. Ferdinand Schmidt-Kaler), JGU as project partner
- Cooperation ICT: PAMS, Planar Atomic and Molecular Scale Devices (Prof. Angelika Kühnle), JGU as project partner
- Cooperation ICT: InSpin, Insulator Spintronics (Prof. Mathias Kläui), JGU as project partner
- EURATOM - FissionChanda: solving CHAllenges in Nuclear DAta (Dr. Klaus Eberhardt), JGU as project partner
Marie Curie Actions
- Career Integration Grant: MULTILEX, Multilingual Lexicon Extraction from Comparable Corpora (Prof. Silvia Hansen-Schirra), JGU as coordinator
- ITN: ACRITAS, Actuation and characterisation at the single bond limit (Prof. Angelika Kühnle), JGU as project partner
- ITN: ARAMACC, Annually-resolved archives of marine climate change - development of molluscan sclerochronology for marine environmental monitoring and climatology (Prof. Bernd Reinhard Schöne), JGU as project partner
- ITN: WALL, Controlling domain wall dynamics for functional devices (Prof. Mathias Kläui), JGU as project partner
- ITN: VERTIGO, Volcanic ash: field, laboratory and numerical investigations of processes during its lifecycle (Prof. Jonathan Castro), JGU as project partner
Click here to download a full list of all JGU EU-grants obtained within the 7th Framework Programme and other funding lines (2007 - 2013).
other funding lines (selection)
- COST: ME-HAD, European Network on Microvesicles and Exosomes in Health and Disease (Dr. Eva-Maria Krämer-Albers), JGU as partner
- COST:The String Theory Universe (Jun.-Prof. Dr. Gabriele Honecker), JGU as partner
- LPP - Erasmus: EGPS, European Graduate Placement Scheme (Dr. Sascha Hofmann), JGU as partner
- ERASMUS+ Strategic Partnership: TALC_me (Prof. Stephen Jolie), JGU as coordinator
- Jean Monnet Spitzenforschungszentrum: EU in Global Dialogue (Prof. Arne Niemann), JGU as co-coordinator
Additionaly, there are some projects at the Center for Continuing Education at JGU, that are funded by the EU.